|The largest mini lathe in the industry, this Rikon mini lathe gives you the opportunity to do more with less space.|
|Read Reviews & Buy on Amazon|
• Largest mini lathe in the industry
• Easy Access Speed Change: Provides ample room to change speeds quickly
• Self Ejecting Tail Stock: No need to use the knock-out bar to remove the center
• Unique 12-position indexing head for detail work
• Laser engraved ram with 2-1/2-Inch travel
• Ability to Add Multiple Extensions
• 1/2HP Motor
• Two-year warranty
The Rikon mini lathe features the largest capacity in the industry, and with options for multiple extensions, it enables you to work with larger pieces. With 12 inches over the bed and 16 inches between centers, this mini lathe gives you space to do your work while maintaining a low profile on your workbench. Additionally, it is very easy to set up and start wood turning. Performance is butter smooth and there is no vibration.
The Rikon boasts a powerful ½ HP motor, and the design provides the ability for an easy speed control through a variety of speeds – starting from 430 to 810, 1,230, 1,810, 2,670 and all up to 3,900 revolutions per minute (RPM). However, unlike some other mini lathes that offer a switch or a knob to change the speed, the Rikon 70-100 has a spacious cover that opens up giving you plenty of room to adjust the drive belt safely and efficiently. A conveniently located and easy-to-use locking arm and tension-release lever are also used. It comes with a handy chart for determining spindle speed as well.
The Rikon mini lathe is also unique – it features a 12-position indexing head that allows you to lock the work piece in multiple positions for improved accuracy in detail work. Now you can easily perform detailed pattern work on projects such as grooving, drilling, straight fluting, layout, and so on. Moreover, the 12-position indexing head also allows the spindle to be locked in place for the seamless removal of chucks, face plates, and other accessories.
If that’s not enough for you, how about this – the Rikon also has a self-ejecting tail stock. That’s right, you won’t need to suffer frustration and waste that precious time using the knock-out bar to remove the center all the time. Rikon already thought of that.
But Rikon’s focus on user-friendly design doesn’t end here. This mini lathe also boasts several convenient features making it super easy to use, such as a flip-up handle for mobility, a nylon face plate washer that prevents accessories from sticking to the spindle, and a tool holder near the back of the machine that gives you easy access to your centers and knockout bars.
Finally, we have to mention the impressive versatility of the Rikon mini lathe – you can tailor this machine to fit your almost every need with several accessories available for customization. It features the ability to add multiple extensions, as well as use tool rests and face plates of different sizes. As a final touch, you can also mount the Rikon 70-100 to a stand that adjusts to your working height – no more inconvenient bending over. All we can say is rock on, Rikon!
- One of the most versatile mini lathes on the market, and easily customizable. Great for doing precision work and patterning. Its large capacity allows for the creation of both small wood turning projects and something larger. Sturdily built, it offers smooth and silent performance; there is no vibration.
- Some customers report poor customer support, slow delivery of parts and rough packaging of the machines.
Read Reviews & Buy on Amazon