|This Delta Industrial wood lathe is a well-crafted, incredible tool that is an incredible addition to the tool belt, ready to tackle any job.|
- Powerful 1 hp max, 1,725 rpm motor
- Large 12-1/2-inch swing capacity provides the largest capacity in its class
- Electronic variable Speed with three-pulley speed ranges provide the required speeds needed to turn a project without changing belt position
- Forward and Reversing function allows the turner to achieve a superior finish. Sanding a turned piece with the grain causes the wood fibers to lay down and remain rough.
- Patented belt tensioning system for easy and quick speed changes and sets the belt at the correct tension every time for maximum power transfer and longer tool life
This piece is, without a doubt, one of the top tools in its class. With a 1 horsepower motor able to spin just over 1700 RPM, it provides one of the strongest motors for its class, also providing a durability that can last for many years. The Delta wood lathe is a great addition to the master craftsman’s tool set.
It has forward and reversing capabilities that allow for the beautiful and rounded finish that will make your wood look spectacular. The 12-1/2-inch swing also allows for a myriad of different projects to be masterfully made on this machine; not only is it large, it is the largest in its class of midi wood lathes.
The cast iron body also provides a strong and durable part of the machine, offering a vibration-resistant material that will continue to remain durable. The 6-inch and 10-inch tool rests also offer a differing range of possibilities for you to choose from. The belt-tensioning system also provides the ability for faster speed changes, offering you the opportunity to finish masterpieces in less time.
This lathe is top in its class; it has the largest swing capacity with 12-1/2 inches and one of the strongest motors, capable of 1,725 RPM. The build of the machine also provides for a durable tool that will last job after job. The patented belt-tensioning system also offers a piece that no other midi lathe does; it makes for faster speed changes and longer tool life with the correct tension every time.
People who have purchased this lathe have noted that the customer service can sometimes take a few days, making rushed jobs more difficult. Also, long time users who have sought a replacement for a switch have found that their replacement time for switches can take a while.